Sunday, February 12, 2012

bling: verb

to dress or adorn in a flashy way

See the Cards For Emily badge on the right side of my blog? If you want to read her story and make a card to send to her then just click on it and it will take you to the post where you can see updates on her and thank you for doing so. It takes so little to make a big impact on someones life!

The Cards For Emily blog hop is here  and we all hope that you can join in and make a card for a special little girl :) If you do make her a card, please link up your card ( on the left hand sidebar of her blog and I will make sure to stop by and leave you some love and join your blog if I'm not already a follower )
This is my card for Emily:
First I cut the image out at 4.5", then pop dotted the nose up and stickled the nose and whiskers. Added purple heart shaped rhinestones for the eyes and let everything dry. Came back and added glaze to the nose, let everything dry over night. Today I used the glimmer mist to add the tiger stripes. I poured a little bit of in the plastic top and used a brush to paint the stripes in. You might not be able to appreciate it by this picture, but this is one cool, blingy cat!


Doodlecharms cartridge
stickles
Glossy Accents
Glimmer Mist
paper - DCWV Shimmer Stack

and from the local news station:
"Thousands of WNC residents woke up in the dark this morning as wind gusts in excess of 40 m.p.h. knocked over trees and power lines, creating all sorts of problems. At the height of the activity, over 7,000 customers between the mountains and upstate were in the dark with Henderson County carrying the brunt of the load (just over 3,000 outages). Crews have been working all morning to restore service."
Guess where I live? Humph! Hendersonville, of course! My power went off for about 4 hours, not bad, but with the winds howling outside and the bitterly cold tempertures made it  surreal to say the least. I had to wrap up one of my favorite plants last night in my blanket  snuggy ( lol, yes I'm admitting I own one ) to keep it from dying after all this nice weather had fooled it into growing too early! :(

And I am reminded from the activity on the feeder this morning that humans aren't the only ones who suffer when storms like that hit. I had a very cranky Mr. and Mrs. Bluebird and a very sleepy Mr. House Finch on my feeder. I love how he looks like he is staying out of the argument!
Mr. House Finch just couldn't take it anymore and decided to sleep in....on the feeder! Just like a man, wants breakfast in bed!
stay warm..and enjoy your TV...mine is out! ;(

5 comments:

Michelle (scrappinforkenzie) said...

I really do LOVE this card! I love how you made the stripes! and he is super blingy! Thank you so much for being a part of cards for emily! :)

scrappymo! said...

I will pop in to see what the cards for Emily is all about...

Have to tell you that your description of the birds on the feeder was so perfect. Loved the last bit about wanting breakfast in bed...hahaha

Kate said...

I think you said it best...one cool blingy cat. I am sure Emily will love it. I would be honored to make a card for such a brave girl and amazing family.

Unknown said...

Wonderful card for Emily! Such a cute cat. I'm sure she will love it!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Your card for Emily is so cute - I love bling and purple is perfect! Thank you for the link to Emily's story - a brave and sweet little girl! Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane