Thursday, August 23, 2012

vichssyoise: noun

 is a thick soup made of pureed leeks,onions,potaoes,cream, and chicken stock. It is traditionally served cold
 
an interesting tidbit....
"The origins of vichyssoise are a subject of debate among culinary historians; Julia Child calls it "an American invention", whereas others observe that "the origin of the soup is questionable in whether it's genuinely French or an American creation".Wikipedia 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night we celebrated Barbara's birthday, Shirley had us over for a dinner and social hour ;)

We started off with champagne or wine ( of which I drank way too much wine and woke up during the night with a headache and dry mouth, 2 Advil Migraines and a glass of water and I was back to a very deep slumber, wine is powerful, lol ) with deviled eggs and shrimp for appetizers.

then first course which was light and creamy vichyssoise with green onions... and wine....
Then the main course a delicious curried chicken salad and grapes..more wine....
Laverne, Claire and the birthday girl Barbara :)
our hostess, Shirley :)
Barbara's showing off her tray that she got from Shirley, the bracelet I gave her is already on her wrist. Kay made this adorable hand knitted bracelet that I bought from her Etsy Shop, I hope you check it out :)
she also got this clever book from Marsha
 
A pound cake with a lemon custard and cream cheese frosting then stuffed with black berries, blue berries, strawberries and pineapple that I made. Everyone seem to like it :)
And I hope no one minds me saying that the highlight of my evening was the attention that I got from Kylie, I swear she is smiling at me! :) Does anyone have an, easyfree program for adjusting pet eyes? I know there are a lot of pet lovers out there!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
and of course, don't forget Project Pinterest, where we share our love for pinning and creating!
 


9 comments:

Julia S-W said...

Looks like you girls had a great time even if you suffered a few after shocks in the head department. Sorry, my camera sorts out red eye so no need for software. Good luck - someone will have the answer!
Juliaxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Do you know what's fab about this post, Sandee?? The fact that there are groups of female friends having the best time in each others's company..it's good to know that it happens all over the world :)
Your blackberry etc cake looks yummy, keep a slice for me.. :)
Hugs, LLJ #71 xx

Neesie said...

Great photos of the girlies having fun! There's nothing better ;D

I'm only snoozing lately instead of having some good quality beauty sleep...so lots of Champers, 2 Advil Migraines and a glass of water will induce a very deep slumber you say...hmm...I'll have to try that ;D

Thanks for sharing and visiting my desk earlier ~ Happy WOYWW to you too ;D
Neesie #11

Mary Pat Siehl said...

looks like a wonderful time!!

Redanne said...

And a very good time was had by all it would seem! Love the look of your cake and the soup sounds lovely too, not had that for years. I am sure the doggie is lovely - but those eyes.....sorry I don't know how you change them, I just have a red eye thingy on my camera. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Craftychris said...

It looks like a fab time was had by all! Sorry about your head though. That cake looks so yummy! xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I have never found a way of dealing with dog eyes. The red eye technology does not seem to work. The only thing I have found to do is to paint them in with dark brown, but it is not an ideal solution. It looks as though you had a great time at your get together. Thank you for your visit this week and your kind comments. My heaps are not as well stacked as Jenga. Pull one thing and the lot falls down. Have fun. xx #102

Katie said...

It looks like a wonderful celebration!

That cake looks absolutely delicious!!

Shoshi said...

What a great girls' party you had, Sandee! Worth a bit of a hangover to enjoy the lovely food and drink, and what fun pressies too.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. My space isn't quite as organised as you might think - it definitely needs some refining! I'm getting on well with the clearing out, though, and it's very satisfying.

I'm afraid my Dad took a turn for the worse the next day and is now in hospital. Best place for him, but it's very sad to see him looking so old and frail, with a drip attached. Hopefully he'll be stabilised and well enough to come home soon. My hubby has been truly wonderful throughout - a real tower of strength.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #35