Friday, December 21, 2012

antsy: adjective

nervous
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Color me antsy with whatever was going to be for the number 11, I mean 11 of anything is a lot! And yes, you can split your projects up but I thought it would be more fun to use the larger number groups on my mini album ( the 10 buttons worked out so well  figured I'd see if I could keep it going! )...
and 11 turned out to be good.
 
Frosted Designs  - On the 11th Day Of Christmas
 
11 banner flags
 
I made the banner out of discontinued fabric samples that a friend had given me over a year ago, I swear I'll have fabric left over for the rest of my life! Especially if I use extreme small bits like I did for the banner.
 

Of course I had to make it 3 times harder by not only making the tiniest banner ever but also by sewing glass beads in between each piece....50 Shades of difficulty!

Bow Easy tool - ( made in the USA! )
Cricut - French Manor cartridge, p. 38, 1" ( used CCR to remove inside cuts )
Aleene's Tacky Glue
glass beads - recycled from a pillow case
Tim Holtz Idealogy Grunge paper ( for bird )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
We have finished 3 weeks of Handmaking the Holidays and I hope you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed doing it for you.
You can visit Chrissy's blog for all the links if you missed any along the way.

10 comments:

BJ said...

Love the teenie weenie fabric banner Sandee. Adore the blues on your album too. BJ up mega early as it is DS's 14th today!! Yawn!

Redanne said...

I really have enjoyed seeing what you have made for Handmaking for the Holidays although I think you set yourself a very hard task for this No. 11, it is so tiny! But also really lovely! Hugs, Anne x

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love the banner!!! great job-- have a great day

Melissa @ LoveBugLiving said...

Turned out super cute. Worth the extra work!
Melissa
www.lovebugliving.com

Mrs A. said...

Thi is delightful. the colours are lovey. It looks so light and delicate.Love the way the bird holding the string. Going to have a look at the other items now. Hugs Mrs A.

Unknown said...

Your mini album is adorable!!! I love the mini banner flags and the beads!!!

Thanks so much for joining us for the 11th Day of Christmas Challenge at Frosted Designs!!!

Rita said...

LOL! I do that, too! Make the project more difficult that it had to be. Turned out really cute, though. :)

Barb King said...

I love the way the bird is holding the string in it's beak, clever idea! Sandee, you have been so kind to comment on my guest designer post over at Creative Imaginations, thanks so much for your support!

BrendaB said...

What a cool banner! I love the glass beads! You have a lot of creativity and patience to make such a gorgeous banner out of teeny tiny pieces! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love the banner, but are you insane? That must have been painstaking to make, emphasis on the PAIN. EEK! It is gorgeous though and worth the effort.