Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mixed Media Monday: noun

a fun time together with friends and to get creative
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - What's Your Favorite? ( Tool, stamp, product )
 
I love, love, LOVE pens and markers! I mean, if I was stranded on an island ( you've seen this asked before I am sure ) and had to choose what crafting item I would want, it would be pens/markers. I figure that if I didn't have paper, I could draw on myself and sea shells, lol I'd find SOMETHING to draw on!
 
So on this card that I made for a Christmas card swap for the Mixed Media Mondays with Tracy Weinzapfel, I used my Faber Castell Pitt Pens to draw the cartoon shapes, my Bruynzeel and Faber Castell water color pencils, and my American Craft Marvy Marker. Another favorite product that I love to accent with is Ranger's stickles, and here, Rudolph's nose get the treatment!

 This is more of a mixed media card that I created especially for Tracy....she...errr....kinda likes this guy so I thought I'd make her a "special" card. I printed his picture off from the internet and then colored in his uniform with my Renae Lingren pen, cut out a Santa hat and embellished the trim with Ranger's Frosted Lace stickles, out lined everything with my Faber Castell Pitt Pens. The doodling along the edges of the card are a combination of American Craft Marvy markers, and the Faber Castell Pitt Pen.

When I was a little girl I use to read comic books and funny papers and dreamed of being a cartoonist like Charles Shultz and although I never achieved that famous status...ok...not even vaguely close to famous at all status....I still enjoy creating cartoons and if they bring a smile to someones face, then my unknown status as an obscure cartoonist is alright with me!
 
What did you want to be when you were a kid?

9 comments:

Judys Lace Creations said...

These cartoons are terrific.Made me smile!

Redanne said...

Sandee your cartoon is fantastic, you are so good at it - wow! Love that Santa card and the one for your friend is a hoot. When I was a child I only ever wanted to be an Air Hostess but when it came to applying I was too tall so my dream was shattered. I had a good career in Human Resources instead...... Hugs, Anne x

Maureen Hayes said...

I was lucky enough to receive one of your cards, and it is getting framed right after Christmas! It is truly a work of art and a talent I wish I had. I cannot draw to save my life, but I can color with the best of them. . . Lol!

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face and Merry Christmas to you.

Maureen

Meggymay said...

Great fun cards Sandee

Krisha said...

LOVE your cartoon! I am a marker/pen person too, have been all my life. I started cartoon drawing in high school, had friends that did the same thing that did a little more with thier talent. I always wanted to be an artist or an art teacher.

Jean said...

You are SO talented!! At first I wanted to be a vet, but after an extensive research project in the 8th grade, I decided I could never put an animal down. Majored in Math and german in college without thinking what i could do with them!! Ended up in banking for 16 years.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Such fun cards! Love the look on Rudolph's face! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm in awe of your drawing skills. Your cartoons are always so much fun to see. I'm glad you aren't Charles Shultz, because if you were, you wouldn't leave me nice comments (grin). But you are famous in MY book.

BTW, you asked about the Pan Pastel. My friend Kathy (the shopaholic) bought several pan pastels. When we got back to my place, she realized she had gotten two yellow containers the same color. Instead of taking it back, she gave it to me.

At $7.00 a container, they are a bit pricey. But they are really creamy, have a lovely intense color, and spread well if you have a cosmetic sponge or eye shadow spreader. Of course, I think you are supposed to seal them, something I didn't realize until after I sent the books on their way. Hope that helps.

Katie said...

These are such funny cards! I love them!

Your cartoons always make me smile :)

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a teacher...