Sunday, April 21, 2013

xenophobia: noun

 fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign
pronunciation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cute Card Thursday - #265 Cakewalk
CARDZ TV - #28 Cute as a Button



Do you think a sticker has to stay in the way it was made? Or do you like to alter them? I buy sticker sheets for usually about ½ of them, and then have leftovers that use to drive me crazy because I felt I wasn't getting my moneys worth...now I love the left over stickers because I can play with them, change them up, alter them and it's fun!
 
Tip 'o the Day!
 Here, I had used half of this sweet little glittered flower border and had a portion left over so I used my hole punch to remove those flowers and put them on the cupcake as sprinkles. And if you look at the tag itself, those cute little bees were all cute out from the sticker sheet. ( I do recommend placing the stickers on a piece of paper before cutting, makes it very easy then. ) That big Happy Birthday sticker is another one I changed up, it was too big for the tag so I removed an element and then ran a line of stickles around it to hide where it was cut off.
So, alter..or leave in your scrap pile in case you might need it one day...which way do you roll?
 
Viva - Pearl Pen
Little Yellow Bicycle - striped paper, bees, sticker sentiment
Ranger - stickles
candy buzz - font
Cricut - Rock Princess, p. 77 ( cupcake )
Stretch Your Imagination, p. (tag )
Zig - marker
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantabulous Cricut - #156 April Showers
Chocolate,Coffee, & Cards - #37 Download
Sketch as is on left, and flipped on right

 
As you can tell I chose to flip the sketch over;
The umbrella was cut out of chipboard and then the handle was cut off so I could lift the canopy up for some dimension using Liquid Scrap Dots. Added some faux stitching to the canopy.

Cricut - Everyday Paperdolls, p. 42
My Little Shoebox- pink cloud
American Crafts - felt flowers
felt flower brads - misc.
Copic
Zig Writer
Assorted sprays
Fiskar - embossing plate
Helmar - Liquid Scrapdots, Gemstone Adhesive

13 comments:

Pat N. said...

Great stuff, Sandee! Love that rain drop embossing! Haven't seen that one before--too cool!

Tammy Schmitt said...

Just gorgeous! It makes so much creative sense to do water color:-) Thank you for sharing with us at FCCB!

~Tammy

Rita said...

These are both charming!
I say--they are your stickers to do with what you will. ;)

Sarah said...

Super cute-- I love that you altered the stickers--what a great idea! Thanks for creating with us at CardzTV :)

Kim's Kreations said...

Great card. Love the colors and the polka dot umbrella. Thanks for joining the challenge at FCCB. Kim Ogden

Joanne said...

Great mcard! I really like the way you flipped the sketch, it looks super! Also luv your umbrella and the sentiment is so cute! It sure is true! Thanx for visiting us again at CC&CC! Joanne

Missy said...

This is darling, I like the banner and cute polka dot umbrella!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!!

Melissa said...

Lovely cards, thanks for joining CTVS!

Anonymous said...

Great card n lovey colors. Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&CC.
Hugs, JIll

Becky said...

Cute projects! Love how you altered your leftover stickers. I think I need to start doing some of that!

heidy said...

These are both gorgeous!
Thanks for joining CCT this week!
XXX Heidy

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely card and image, thanks for joining us at CC&CC layout challenge theme. Good luck, cheers Sue N x

mum of two said...

What fabulous creations! I love the button cherry on the cupcake. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Cardz TV Stamps. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle
Purple Monkey Moments