Friday, May 3, 2013

berceuse: noun

a musical composition usually in 6/8 time that resembles a lullaby


====================================================================
Paper Smooches - Anything Goes

The scarecrow is stamped onto a transparency.

The leaves are cut, painted and scrunched up and given dimension, and outlined lightly with a pen.

Cricut - Stretch Your Imagination - tag, p. 80
Simply Scarecrow - leaves
Kim Hughes stamp
Really Reasonable Ribbon - hemp cord
Faber Castell - PITT pen
Helmar - V2 spray, Liquid Scrapdots
Ranger - Distress Paints
Maya Road - transparency
My Little Shoebox - pattern paper
Ariel - font
=====================================================================

So yesterday I thought I could finally put away the blankets and tarps that I use to cover my tender plants during those sporadic frost that spring gives you and what did I discover? A nest that had been built into the folds of my tarp...aka old picnic table cloth.
Now if this little nest had held eggs, I would have been stuck with the blanket sitting on my glider and basically no access to my small balcony, so whew...no eggs. Out it came! And notice all that moss? It's from my planters!! I was wondering what was happening because I was seeing moss here and there and my planters were getting all bald!
I found a display spot for it though, it won't last long probably but I'll enjoy it for awhile. See that ugly moss covered purse beside it..yeah..the one with the big ugly brown bald spot...yep...

And if anyone is wondering it's the nest of a Carolina Wren:


Now if I can just get that darn Chickadee from decimating my basket handle cover, it seems to have developed a fondness for burlap....

13 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...gorgeous tag Sandee, loving the rusty colours of Autumn leaves, and talking of nature, birds nests are a true work of art, so beautifully put together, great piccy's...Melxx :)

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, what a beautiful little birdie! I love the nest you found too and it is a perfect backdrop for your lovely tag too. Hugs, Anne x

Craftychris said...

ooh this is gorgeous! I love the phrase and the leaves are fab! How cool to find a nest - what a pickle the bird is stealing your moss though! xx

Winnie said...

What a perfect little nest you found. He is an artful nest builder I see using your moss! One I found here recently didn't look nearly as neat, but it was creative as it was filled with cotton batting! Never know where they find their treasures.

Love your fall tag! Enjoy the weekend!!

Nana said...

Adorable.

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love the sentiment on this! so pretty! love your nature shots

Kristi said...

What a lovely fall creation!Fall cards and tags are actually one of my favorite things to make! Sorry the birds are keeping your planters bald,they are so crafty and absolutely my favorite wild creatures!

MaryH said...

What a delightful post...loved your birdhouse, and lovely pictures of your feathered friends! Our birds get into the doorwreath & take bits from it. If we stand very quietly just before the door (the wreath is on the outside storm door), you can see the little critter cock his head - as if to say "What did I see?". If we stay real still he will continue his theft. I guess they see a shadow or something). They also dig in any hanging plants too. We are seeing quite a few yellow finches now, really bright. Last summer, we didn't have as many yellow finches. Not seeing many bluebirds though. Still got my lovely cardinals visiting. Oh yes, I'm building my vocabulary too! Thanks for sharing all these goodies. Hugs & have a blessed day.

Jean said...

Another gorgeous creation!!

Carole Z said...

Hi Sandee, loved your post, what a darling little bird! Gorgeous tag too, love any art work in autumn colours..any time of year! Carole Z X

Meggymay said...

Love the bird photos. Its a beautiful tag as well.
Yvonne x

Kalea Wavedancer said...

What a neat find.

Lori said...

Just lovely! The scarecrow image is a perfect accent for your fall themed tag. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS.