Monday, August 5, 2013

Frosted Designs Monday Inspiration - Embossing

Hi everyone, it's time for some Monday inspiration for the new Frosted Designs challenge!

 Our sponsor for this challenge is
  Molossi  
You can see what they have in store here,
They will be offering a 30.00 chipboard and bling pack to one lucky winner!!


I think wet embossing was one of my first techniques that I tried when I was first learning to scrapbook that both thrilled me and scared me, lol I can still remember my first failures at it, but unlike some things I use to do ages ago, ( like decorative scissors...ahem..) this is one that I still love to do. I still have my original heat gun too!

 I used 2 different styles of embossing, the first one is dry embossing where I ran a piece of my gelli print paper through my big shot with a leaf texture plate and then cut the leaves out by hand. The second type of embossing was wet, I stamped the sentiment and drew my faux stitching lines with an embossing pen and then heat set it with powder.

entering this in:
Creative Inspiration - Inspired by Anything Goes

Stampin' UP! - embossing buddy
Close to my Heart - embossing powder
Ink it Up! - white pigment ink
Zig - emboss writer
Sheena - embossing folder
Big Shot
Gelli Plate
American Crafts - flower
brad - misc.
Best Occasions - Textured stack

2 comments:

Nana said...

Beautiful. Love the embossing and stitching. TFS!
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Pam said...

Ooooo, I love the beautiful coloring and pretty flower!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com