Thursday, August 22, 2013

Postprandial: adjective

occurring after a meal

pronunciation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paper Smooches - August 19-25 Cool Shades challenge
All That Stickles -"The Great Outdoors" Linky Party

I took the digi image and enlarged it for my horizontal card, knowing that it would pixelate but I had planned on outlining it with liquid pearls anyway. I also added an extra outline of stickles to make sure the original inked outline wouldn't show. I gave it a shot of Goosebumps too so when I inked in his color, he would have even more texture.

Coral was the hardest color to come up with, so at first I mixed stickles together but it wasn't quite right until I added a gelato layer over the stickles on the beak and feet, I love the yummy layers of yellow,orange and melon to get a wonderful coral color.

Paper Smooches - free digi
Viva Decor - Liquid Pearls
Ranger - stickles
Helmar - Liquid Scrapdots
K&Co. - pattern paper
I Imagine - Goosebumps spray
Recollections - glitter sticker letters

11 comments:

Carole Z said...

Love it Sandee..from elegant Halloween to oh so cute! Have a good day, Carole Z X

Jean said...

So sparkly!

Nana said...

So love this owl.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Pam said...

Love this sparkly owl!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Katie said...

I love the sparkles! The owl looks fabulous!

MaryH said...

Aw, this is a cutie. Thanks for explaining how you got to the coral color. Love all the texture on this. Our muggy hot weather has returned! Lots of rain lately. TFS & Hugs

Karen Schroeder said...

Cute owl card with lots of sparkles! Love it! Thanks for joining us at All That Stickles!

Sonia said...

OMG! super cute...love it...thanks for joining ATS..HUGS..SK :)
<a href="http://skdigis.com>SKdigis</a>

Chas said...

Ha, he reminds me of the tootsie roll pop owl. But this looks so much more delicious with the glitter. Thanks for playing at ATS!!

Pamela said...

I love the outlining and all the sparkles and glitter!!! Thanks for joining us at PS Sparks Challenge!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

AMAMAMAMAMAZING! LOVE the texture/detail you've given this little owl! He's my fav image! LOVE LOVE LOVE-- you nailed this color story! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge <3