Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Brontophobia: noun

An abnormal fear of thunder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm taking an online class which starts tonight called Draw Your Awesome Life with Joanne Sharpe so I thought I'd do some random wording and play with my pens and markers. This is what happened...it's messy, unorganized chaotic goodness. It was fun to intentionally be loose and just let things flow. It doesn't matter if it's perfect, it's in my journal...it's for me....it's about me.
It is me.

I used everything but the kitchen sink I think; acrylics, watercolor crayons, sharpies, PITT pens, Sakura pens and paint markers. Even a real Sugar Maple leaf that I was using as a stamp on my gelli plate. 
( I used a gel medium to cover it and it stayed extremely flexible, I'm very pleased with the result. )
The other leaf, in the top left corner, I used from the gelli print making process, while it was covered with paint I pressed it ( using a paper towel ) onto my journal.

entering this hot mess in:
Simon Monday Challenge - Anything Goes

9 comments:

Jean said...

How cool is this!

Gill said...

I love using text - and I want to try gelli printing so I've just made a gelli plate! I'm looking forward to trying it out!!

JoyceA said...

I love the fact that you used everything but the "kitchen sink" on your journal page. Your page came out both practical and artistic.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

soooo very cool!

Winnie said...

Very fun! Enjoyed reading the words on your fun background as it really gives a feeling of your trip! Love the leaves too.

Pam said...

Beautiful colors!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Janis said...

It's terrific. Love all the different elements you added. The leaf and print are wonderful!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com

Michelle said...

What a wonderful journal page! I love that you used all of the different mediums. Especially the leaf. Very cool! Have fun with your class. It's sounds awesome. And thank you for linking up with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog. ~Michelle

Katie said...

Loving this! The leaf is such a cool addition!