Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Merry Widow

Hollywood routinely influences fashion, of course, but rarely names it directly. One exception involves the strapless corset that actress and pin-up girl Lana Turner wore in a 1952 musical that won an Academy Award for Costume Design. The film was The Merry Widow, and the garment has been called that ever since
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm always glad when anything sells in the store, but it make my heart extra happy when something Christian based sells...and I can say that my Prayer Journals are doing well, I need to make a couple more to get my inventory level back up.

I really wanted to make the heart...lol It was fun to cut the heart out of the joint compound tape and use molding paste to create the texture. Pulling up the tape was a little scary but it worked out great. 

10 comments:

Jean said...

Love the texture of the heart!

Unknown said...

LOVE!

Sandy said...

What a great take on Tracy's page.. Love how everyone takes her idea and does there own thing its really cool. Your book is just lovely.
I must do the heart too it is just beautiful..
Sandy :)

Sharing My Thoughts said...

I love this! I need to check out your store! If I get a prayer journal will you sign it? :-)

Sharing My Thoughts said...

I love this! I think I need to check out your store. How cool would a prayer journal that you made be? :-)

Glenda said...

This is beautiful! Love all that texture on the heart.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what an awesome journal

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

Sandee I love your Prayer journals. and this one is great love it. I like the texture of the heart so simple and defined.

Katie said...

I love your prayer journals! The heart is beautiful!

Unknown said...

LOVE!