Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sundays with Sandee


Well, another week has flown by and I hope that some of my northern friends are beginning to thaw out some! I have been getting my flower garden ready for spring and it's been so much fun finding out that I have crocus, hellebore, and today I found a hyacinth! It's taken 2 summers of untangling the over grown forest to discover these little hidden beauties!

But we still have enough chilly wet days to be inside enjoying making some art and this week's part 3 of my series is the much awaited wall hanging!  You can see it over at the Frosted Designs blog along with the video.


I have enjoyed looking at everyone's lettering practice:

Sharon Estes's adorable Betty Boop card:

Tamiko McCurry's cutest as ever fairy cards!

and Tamiko took her's to the art journal page with a trio of sunflower girls!
Do you suppose she's a wildflower? - Alice In Wonderland.. This is my inspired take in SwS with Sandee Setliff :) Sunflower napkins, adhered with golden soft gel medium to a decoarts acrylic and decoupage bookpaged background...  Magazine snippets also adhered with soft gel medium then highlighted with wink if Stella clear glitter brush pen for shimmer.. and charcoal pencil for shadow and deminsion... This was fun!! TFL!!! <3

Thanks ladies for playing along, and your names have extra entries in my Helmar Decoupage & Craft Paste that I am giving away during our blog hop. 



4 comments:

Jean said...

Awesome wall hanging!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

hahahahaha YOU are so GOOD to US!!!! ::snort snort:: We are not worthy.. so not worthy!!!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

I was at first making the letter tracking more complicated then it needed to be.. I personally try to consciously be aware of my letter spacing between letters and the height of my letters... heck if you notice.. when I type.. I put emphasis on words period.. like I want you to see them with the same type of emphasis I may put on them if I say them.. Anyway all in all it's still a learning a experience.. that I have been practicing more and more lately. My grandma would be very happy.. lol She use to get awards for penmanship.. (that's what they called it in her day..) and for the longest if she looked over my homework and it wasn't legible in her eyes.. in her standards.. she would throw it away.. and wouldnt give me the chance to even copy the answers again.. Now.. whenever I use my handwriting especially my penmanship in my work I will remember my grandmother with every letter i so carefully make from now on.. Thank you <3 I know she would approve .. :)

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

Thank you Sandee for sharing my work. I really enjoy the lettering classes I do need them badly, and yours is so pretty. I am not a blog hopper this month going to hopping to Oklahoma to see some little hoppers(greatgrandkids). I am leaving my blog here today.
Sharon