Sunday, June 28, 2015

Down by the Fairy Creek

My friend Catherine and I went to Bullington Gardens the other day to sketch and I got to talking to one of the gardeners there who studied creek conservancy. She was able to tell me not only the name of the creek but why it has silt in it. Evidently I will be dealing with silt for awhile due to the Britton Creek Stabilization that is happening up above me, yep I am getting all the run off from the work being done on it.

My set up...nothing better than dipping your feet in the cold mountain water on a hot summers day.

My steps down to the creek need some help but hey, the concrete blocks were free. So were the "tables" you see which are the broked off bases from planters that were in the junkyard. Hopefully they won't wash away when we get some heavy rain...will have to keep my eye on them.

I have been working to store up the edge of the banks with rocks, it might not be doing any good but at least it looks good, lol I'm also weeding and removing dead branches. I want to have lots of moss and ferns growing along the edge by next summer. This is also my exercise plan to go along with my dieting....so far I've lost 5 pounds this month. I figure it's a win-win situation...the creek and I will look better together, lol

2 comments:

Pam said...

Looking good! I like the name Fairy Creek. Check out my blog or Facebook page. I did a painting and mentioned you! You really are an inspiration!
Pam scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Kalea Wavedancer said...

:) You can always use a bit of extra magic.