Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Not my usual card...

I only make portrait cards for special friends, but I also will make them as a way to say thank you for being a "patron" of the arts. This gentleman always buys something that I make every time he sees me so when his wife came looking for a birthday card for him I knew I wanted to make him one of my "special cards". I asked her to send me a picture of him and then asked if she wanted something funny or sentimental. 

She asked for funny, and I always run by my customers the sentiments I choose, after all, funny to me might not mean funny to them...lol She however liked my idea.


I've noticed he always picks my cards that have hand stitching on them so I knew I wanted to add some to his card, and went for a whimsical touch by stitching around his glasses and then filling in the lenses with Glossy Accents.


entering this in:

5 comments:

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

oh I love this card!! Happy birthday to him!! the sentiment is funny.. :) good choice

Pam said...

What a wonderful card, you did a fantastic job! I just love that you stitched his glasses then added glossy accents!
Your such a sweet person!
Thanks for your comment. We had a quiet Thanksgiving (ate way to much), Dean, me and the cats. Hope you had a good one! Can't wit to come over there again but it will be a while.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Maura said...

Sandee, this is so cool! I love how you tailored the card just for him. Great idea to check on the comments with his wife...you are so right about our senses of humor. Your sketch is awesome, and the glasses are great! Thanks for joining us this week for our gentleman challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

Mimi said...

AWESOME. I am in awe of the detail. You are a true artist, my dear.Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Loved my card, Sandee :)