Thursday, January 21, 2016

Pantones colors of the year

Wow, I've never heard so much uproar over Pantones color choices as I did this year. Pantone always defends their color choices and this year you have 2 reasons why to use this palette.
Gallery Image

#1
"As consumers seek mindfulness and well-being as an antidote to modern day stresses, welcoming colors that psychologically fulfill our yearning for reassurance and security are becoming more prominent. Joined together, Rose Quartz and Serenity demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace"
or choose this one... 

#2
"Pantone hopes to shatter stereotypes and promote gender equality. We get it: Pantone probably thinks that by presenting two colors with such culturally ingrained associations,  it’s giving people the chance to challenge those norms. Pink razors for men! Blue razors for women! And fair enough—it’s an admirable goal, if a little derivative ."

Whatever the reason you choose and whether or not to choose to create anything in this color range it totally up to you, but our group - Creative Arts Collaboration has a slew of art videos to watch of artists creating something from this particular palette. Hundreds of artists will come together to create a video art festival showcasing winter art themed in every visual and craft media.
Come and watch!
my video
If you would like to see more of my videos please make sure to subscribe so you don't miss anything!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love the colors, well I love most colors MOST not all. I love pale pink and i just bought a sweater that color blue. I guess I'm in style!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com