Friday, June 10, 2016

Get Zen with Gel Press™ blog hop

Welcome to the Gel Press Blog Hop featuring Zentangle inspired projects by all of our great creative team. Hop through all of the posts then go back to the GP Blog and leave a comment. One person 18 or over will win a Petite Set! Go to the Gel Press Junkie page on Facebook and share your Gel Press creations! "LIKE" our product page for the latest news on All Things Gel Press!

Each Gel Press™ print was created the same way, but with different color schemes and stencils. Each print began with a coat of acrylic paint first and then stencils with ColourArte Silks and Gelatos  were used. After all my prints were made I cut them up and used them in a collage.

The "earth" prints are all in warm colors and geometric shaped stencils.
 I did not use the gold gelato or the top stencil but sometimes I don't use everything I get out to inspire me.

 The "sky" prints are all in cool colors with time-related ( watches and clocks ) stencils. 
I did not end up using the white paint and just used the ghost prints since they had white areas already.

I used the same tools for all the prints. The brayer was used to spread the acrylic paint out and the spatula was used to apply the Silks through the stencils.

Here is a side by side comparison of the prints before and after the Zen-doodling. 

And some close up shots.

 The tree was cut out on my Cricut ( Stretch Your Imagination, at 3½" ) from 5 different Gel Press™ prints and then reassembled onto the black mat board.

I love the way it turned out and I hope you give your prints a little doodle :)

Links for the hop:
Lea
sandee  you are here :)
Gel Press™

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love how you showed the before and after. That is some great doodling you did! Love it!

ncurryartiste said...

What a delightful collage.

Sally Lynn MacDonald said...

Glorious! I love this.

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

you never cease to amaze me with the things you come up with.. i love all the intricate little details each to create a collage finished piece. Love it!!

Pakrat said...

This is so awesome - very creative